I have had a lot of expecting Moms ask what they should pack in their hospital bag. Your doctor is an excellent resource to gather ideas, but there may be more items than what the hospital recommends. As your due date approaches, one of the most important things you can do to prepare for your hospital stay is packing a hospital bag for you, your partner, and your baby. Below are some essentials to consider.
- Comfortable clothes: Pack loose-fitting, comfortable clothes to wear during and after labor. Bring a few changes of clothes, including nursing bras and tops if you plan to breastfeed. Also, consider packing a robe, slippers, and socks to help you feel cozy and relaxed.
- Toiletries: Bring your own toiletries such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, deodorant, and any other personal care items you might need. Hospitals typically provide basic toiletries, but you may prefer your own products.
- Nipple cream: If you plan to breastfeed, nipple cream can help soothe sore and cracked nipples.
- Nursing pads: Pack some nursing pads to absorb any leaking breast milk.
- Snacks: Bring some healthy snacks such as granola bars, trail mix, and fruit to keep you fueled during labor and postpartum recovery.
- Entertainment: Consider bringing a book, magazines, or a tablet to help you pass the time during labor and recovery.
- Comfortable clothes: Pack comfortable clothes for your partner to wear during your hospital stay. They should also bring a few changes of clothes, as well as a jacket or sweater in case the hospital is chilly.
- Toiletries: Like you, your partner should bring their own toiletries such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, and deodorant.
- Camera or phone: Don’t forget to bring a camera or phone to capture the special moments of your baby’s arrival!
- Snacks: Your partner will need to stay energized too, so pack some healthy snacks for them to munch on.
- Entertainment: Your partner may also want to bring a book, magazine, or tablet to help pass the time during your hospital stay.
- Clothing: Pack a few changes of clothing for your baby, including onesies, sleepers, and socks. Make sure the clothing is appropriate for the weather and is easy to put on and take off.
- Blankets: Bring a few soft, warm blankets for your baby to snuggle in.
- Diapers and wipes: Don’t forget to pack plenty of diapers and wipes for your baby!
- Car seat: You’ll need a car seat to bring your baby home from the hospital, so make sure it’s properly installed in your car before you leave for the hospital.
- Swaddle blankets: Swaddle blankets can help your baby feel safe and secure, so consider packing a few to use during your hospital stay.
Preparing for your hospital stay can help you feel more relaxed and confident as you prepare to welcome your new baby into the world. By packing these essentials for you, your partner, and your baby, you’ll be ready for whatever comes your way. Good luck and congratulations!
Pic a Posie Photography specializes in maternity, newborn, baby and milestone session. Offering clients a one of a kind experience by using a reveal wall to view their images.
View the video below to see what it is like to be a Pic a Posie Photography client!
To view my portfolio, click here!
To book a session or for more information, click here!
Pic a Posie Photography studio is located at
Serving Surrounding Areas Such As Pensacola, Gulf Breeze, Cantonment, Milton, Pace, Crestview, Perdido Key, Navarre, Destin, Niceville And Also Southeast Alabama Areas Such As Mobile, Foley, Orange Beach, Gulf Shores And Many More.